Team Botak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Botak

A Local Forum for Car Enthusiasts in Santa Barbara, Hosted by Team Botak

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meet Ideas:

Go down 
+3
MeInTheZ
cungkpham
HardPark'd TT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HardPark'd TT
TEAM BOTAK FTW
TEAM BOTAK FTW

Male Number of posts : 986
Car : TiTs
Name : Gabe
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Meet Ideas:  Empty
PostSubject: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:16 pm

So we had a little run in with our own version of BRC which led to police talking to us and we've decided to stop meeting up on Fridays. We've come to the conclusion that here in SM any car people that meet up on a weekend night are automatically going to be associated with street racing or ricers and it's bringing the wrong crowd.

With that in mind we are thinking of doing either a Tuesday evening meet (kinda like TAB - Take A Break meets in LA) or doing some type of weekend day meet. We are also thinking of doing it every other week or twice a month instead so people don't get burnt out.

So I was thinking maybe like once a month we could drive down there friday nights with a group of people from up here and maybe once a month you guys could come to our meets just so we have some really good turnouts and stay in touch a lot more.

this is just a thought, throw some ideas out there if you got them! cheers
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

Male Number of posts : 6478
Car : 04 G35
Name : Cung
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Sorry to hear that. Luckily for us, BRC has their own meets to go to instead of crashing ours/others. Cops here pretty much know about our meets at the HD parking lot and they're really cool about it. Last night, the Sheriff's department came by to say hi and check it out. We're really fortunate that we don't have dicks that mess it up for everyone (actually, we might have one or two, but they come every now and then)

What has your average turnout been lately? Your monthly car meets can be combined with our monthly BBQs! =)

My opinion about the whole situation:
I think it sucks, but you shouldn't let those homophags ruin the only* good car scene thats left in Santa Maria. Let them know you dont appreciate it and they are not welcomed if they keep BRC'ing it. You should stick to Friday's and nights only.
Back to top Go down
MeInTheZ
i fail at life
i fail at life
MeInTheZ

Male Number of posts : 238
Car : '71 Datsun 240z
Name : Tyler Slicton
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 pm

NO DIC3 wrote:
My opinion about the whole situation:
I think it sucks, but you shouldn't let those homophags ruin the only* good car scene thats left in Santa Maria. Let them know you dont appreciate it and they are not welcomed if they keep BRC'ing it. You should stick to Friday's and nights only.

agree
Back to top Go down
Twisty55
I have no life
I have no life
Twisty55

Male Number of posts : 1244
Car : 1998 Honda Prelude
Name : Edwin G.
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Although I totally agree with Cung, I think it's a good idea for you guys to come down to our meets on fridays and us to go up there for your meets. It's a nice break to meet somewhere else once in a while. Smile
Back to top Go down
MeInTheZ
i fail at life
i fail at life
MeInTheZ

Male Number of posts : 238
Car : '71 Datsun 240z
Name : Tyler Slicton
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 pm

yeah that is a good idea too. cause it will mix things up a bit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whitebean
I have no life
I have no life
whitebean

Male Number of posts : 1219
Car : E46 M3 & 1965 Impala
Name : Adam
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 am

I've been wanting to hit up your guys meets. Do some burnouts and donuts! jkjk but I'd be down to cruise down there once a month
Back to top Go down
6 LUG
I LOVE TEAM BOTAK
I LOVE TEAM BOTAK
6 LUG

Male Number of posts : 672
Car : Caddy cts-v
Name : Gerry
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:35 am

whitebean wrote:
I've been wanting to hit up your guys meets. Do some burnouts and donuts! jkjk but I'd be down to cruise down there once a month

me too!!
Back to top Go down
13124g63
Team Botak? Whats that?
Team Botak? Whats that?
13124g63

Male Number of posts : 35
Car : Eagle Talon TSI
Name : Bryce
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Sounds like a good idea get some bigger Group shots of every one!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Lessss dooohhhh eeet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Ideas:    Meet Ideas:  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Ideas:
Page 1 of 1