Team Botak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Botak

A Local Forum for Car Enthusiasts in Santa Barbara, Hosted by Team Botak

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fender Roll Day

Go down 
+7
HardPark'd TT
nismo racer
icoaraci
Julius
cungkpham
ShadowFox375
NFRAP1
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

Male Number of posts : 6478
Car : 04 G35
Name : Cung
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fender Roll Day   Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:05 am

yeah, most rear fenders there is piece of metal that can be "rolled" upwards so you can get clearance for wider rims and tires. Feel your rear fenders for yourself. In the picture, you can see the inner lip that has not been rolled yet on the left side of the "fender roller tool thing". The guy is working the tool from right, up and over, to left. Gives you about 1/2 inch clearance. hope that helps
Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Fender-rolling-04
Back to top Go down
gts-gabe
Team Botak? Whats that?
Team Botak? Whats that?

Male Number of posts : 18
Car : 2008 Mitsu Lancer GTS
Name : Gabe
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Fender Roll Day   Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:31 am

yeah it does, have you had that done to your car or do you have aftermarket fenders?
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

PostSubject: Re: Fender Roll Day   Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 am

my fenders arent rolled, and they are stock fenders. Smile
Back to top Go down
rsx_vue
i fail at life
i fail at life

Male Number of posts : 185
Car : Are Es Ex -Es
Name : Tou
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Fender Roll Day   Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 6:57 pm

NO DIC3 wrote:
yeah, most rear fenders there is piece of metal that can be "rolled" upwards so you can get clearance for wider rims and tires. Feel your rear fenders for yourself. In the picture, you can see the inner lip that has not been rolled yet on the left side of the "fender roller tool thing". The guy is working the tool from right, up and over, to left. Gives you about 1/2 inch clearance. hope that helps
Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Fender-rolling-04

From what I got from Dan explaining it to me, I think that's it. I don't think fender rolling "rolls" the entire fender but just the top portion that has the potential to contact the wheel. So from the picture, I don't think much more of the fender is going to get "rolled." Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
Back to top Go down
NFRAP1
Admin
Admin
NFRAP1

Male Number of posts : 3516
Car : Honda S2000
Name : Dan Pham (AP1 >AP2)
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Fender Roll Day   Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Pretty much you can just roll the part of the lip that makes contact with the tires.
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

PostSubject: Re: Fender Roll Day   Fender Roll Day - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:18 pm

or, do it yourself and roll the whole thing. old clip. but rolling the part that contacts with the tires makes sense, less work. but id figured it look weird.