Team Botak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Botak

A Local Forum for Car Enthusiasts in Santa Barbara, Hosted by Team Botak

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Botak Car show

Go down 
+18
vbpdc5
HIGHENDS2
DOMDOTCOM
wattoo
MightyKhoa
HardPark'd TT
Twisty55
PNOIBOIEP3
lebron23
6 LUG
2000si
rckymoua
fatassg37s
SkinnyVinnie
Mrgold
cungkpham
NFRAP1
whitebean
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

Male Number of posts : 6478
Car : 04 G35
Name : Cung
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Botak Car show - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 pm

i contacted Earl Warren to see how much reserving the parking lot is going to cost.
Back to top Go down
lebron23
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 1177
Car : 335i
Name : Darren S. Yoo
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm

This thread is full of win. This is going to be GREAT!
Back to top Go down
SkinnyVinnie
i fail at life
i fail at life
SkinnyVinnie

Male Number of posts : 175
Car : Integra GSR
Name : vincent shaw
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:43 pm

im really excited im down to help out as much as needed also... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HardPark'd TT
TEAM BOTAK FTW
TEAM BOTAK FTW

Male Number of posts : 986
Car : TiTs
Name : Gabe
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:32 pm

I've been thinking of putting on a show for a while. These are some ideas I had to bring people in and help cover cost.

- First thing is find a charity to help. If people see that it's actually for a cause they feel more inclined to come and pay 25.00 instead of 15.00. I've been thinking of doing one for the humane society or some type of anti-animal abuse charity.

- Second to cover the cost of trophies find a sponsor for each specific category. We buy them up front then go around to say the honda dealership and ask if they want to sponsor the Best Honda category and make sure we announce that at the awards and if we have time get there name on the trophy "Best Honda" and then under it "Sponsored By Santa Maria Honda" etc.

- Third is if we're gonna have muscle and classics we need to make sure we find a judge that is well qualified to judge those types of cars. I know some of us know a lot about cars, but judging those types of cars can be really hard.

- Fourth I can handle flyers and media because I just found out this week in my photoshop and multimedia class that my next project is to make a poster to be used in the real world.

That's all I can think of right now and my team is willing to help 100 percent.
Back to top Go down
NFRAP1
Admin
Admin
NFRAP1

Male Number of posts : 3516
Car : Honda S2000
Name : Dan Pham (AP1 >AP2)
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:52 pm

bang Thanks gabe!

The thing is with the charity is going over the costs of the show and whatnot, I don't think that we will make much the first time around to even donate to a charity haha.

And judging the muscle cars and domestics was my main concern thinking about it haha
Back to top Go down
HardPark'd TT
TEAM BOTAK FTW
TEAM BOTAK FTW

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:03 pm

I think if you have the charity though more people would be willing to cover our initial costs as opposed to just handing over money to a bunch of kids for no reason. If planned out right and we do some hustling I think getting enough money should not be a problem especially in SB. I was just looking at the ASPCA site and found this. (the link is f*cking up my post, but basically its about putting on an event fundraiser.)

Maybe if we did the $25.00 to cover costs then had an optional amount people could donate along with a place people (spectators and car owners) could make donations at the show along with a raffle. Again if its for a good cause raffle prizes should not be hard at all to gather.
Back to top Go down
fatassg37s
I have no life
I have no life
fatassg37s

Male Number of posts : 1537
Car : 2009 WHITE G
Name : Mo
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:11 pm

HardPark'd TT wrote:
I think if you have the charity though more people would be willing to cover our initial costs as opposed to just handing over money to a bunch of kids for no reason. If planned out right and we do some hustling I think getting enough money should not be a problem especially in SB. I was just looking at the ASPCA site and found this. (the link is f*cking up my post, but basically its about putting on an event fundraiser.)

Maybe if we did the $25.00 to cover costs then had an optional amount people could donate along with a place people (spectators and car owners) could make donations at the show along with a raffle. Again if its for a good cause raffle prizes should not be hard at all to gather.

agree glasses
Back to top Go down
6 LUG
I LOVE TEAM BOTAK
I LOVE TEAM BOTAK
6 LUG

Male Number of posts : 672
Car : Caddy cts-v
Name : Gerry
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Im down to help out as much as needed too! This sounds very exciting!! bouncey
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks for your valuable input Gabe, it sounds great. Maybe Botak and E.T. can join together to make this happen? Co-host type thing.
Back to top Go down
HardPark'd TT
TEAM BOTAK FTW
TEAM BOTAK FTW

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:44 pm

NO DIC3 wrote:
Thanks for your valuable input Gabe, it sounds great. Maybe Botak and E.T. can join together to make this happen? Co-host type thing.

That's what I'm thinking Cool
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 pm

im all down for co host.
Back to top Go down
NFRAP1
Admin
Admin
NFRAP1

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm

for a charity to donate to, howabout doctors without border? I checked on a charity database and it seems like a legit charity to donate to.
Back to top Go down
MightyKhoa
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 1103
Car : Canon 30D
Name : Khoa

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:38 pm

for dj events. we can ask 103.3 the vibe to support our event.

I found it on their website at

http://www.1033thevibe.com/includes/forms2/src/?form_id=3
Back to top Go down
Twisty55
I have no life
I have no life
Twisty55

Male Number of posts : 1244
Car : 1998 Honda Prelude
Name : Edwin G.
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Financial help I can't give but any other kind of help I'm all for it. Just an idea: what if we do car washes to raise up money!? And also I have a friend who sells tacos as a side job for parties. Maybe he can help us and we can sell tacos for 1.50 each. Idk just throwing it out there.
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:17 pm

car wash is an excellent idea. Hopefully we can get a date set by then so that we can tell our customers the exact date of the car show.
Back to top Go down
wattoo
i fail at life
i fail at life
wattoo

Male Number of posts : 100
Car : 2005 Infiniti G35
Name : Ivan
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:19 pm

just a suggestion...
and im too tired to read any more of the thread other than the first page..
but do you guys have any parking garages nearby?

you could use that as your venue... bbq on the top level... admissions in the entry ways...etc
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 pm

we have a UCSB parking garage, and I highly doubt that they will allow us to have a BBQ there. Probably violating plenty of Fire codes. The parking garage is a very good idea, sounds like WekFest.

Any suggestions relating to this post?
Back to top Go down
HardPark'd TT
TEAM BOTAK FTW
TEAM BOTAK FTW

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 pm

A WekFest type of show would be insane. That would be my dream lol.
Back to top Go down
wattoo
i fail at life
i fail at life
wattoo

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:32 pm

you are gonna have to advertise the HELL out of this tho.
and make sure you do this right the first time. big event. big turnout. lots of cars.
etc.

you mess up the first one then people arent going to be interested in a second.
Back to top Go down
wattoo
i fail at life
i fail at life
wattoo

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:34 pm

and like you did with the bbq...spread the word like mad through the other forums.
personally i think you guys should have a few more bbqs. see if any of the people that showed up last time come again. have them bring friends. grow a bit more in the community then plunge into something bigger like a car show.
Back to top Go down
Twisty55
I have no life
I have no life
Twisty55

Male Number of posts : 1244
Car : 1998 Honda Prelude
Name : Edwin G.
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Well about the car wash I know the Mobile by San Marcos rent out the place for car washes. And I got a power washer.
Back to top Go down
cungkpham
Admin
Admin
cungkpham

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:48 pm

if we can get a date set, like 6 months in advance, we can have BBQs and spread the word in the meantime. Ivan has got the right idea.

The parking garage would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
fatassg37s
I have no life
I have no life
fatassg37s

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:50 pm

I also think we should host another bbq to see how many people we can gather.
Back to top Go down
NFRAP1
Admin
Admin
NFRAP1

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:06 pm

I was thinking about parking garages too but there would be very few places that would be good. Wekfest had a staging area nearby for the registered cars and we would need a place that could accommodate a long line waiting outside and spectator parking.
Back to top Go down
fatassg37s
I have no life
I have no life
fatassg37s

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Yeah. parking garages will be nice but there is hardly a good one for car show in SB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Botak Car show   Botak Car show - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Botak Car show
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next